Surf Camp’s COVID-19 RESPONSE
May 18, 2020
Your patience is appreciated as we navigate the realities of COVID-19 and how it relates to running Surf Camp this year.
We have been watching the Covid – 19 like we watch for the next swell coming. Unfortunately, it is much easier to predict how the waves will be than when this wave of the virus will end. Based on what information we have gathered at this time we are planning to put off our potential start date of surf camp to June 29th, 2020.
If you are enrolled in any of our first 4 Sessions of surf camp in June, which has been canceled, we will be offering some options, including incentives to rebook to a new date. We are in the process of contacting all the campers that this will affect to assist in making a decision.
We will continue to monitor the ever-changing Covid -19 that is affecting all of us. Endless Summer Surf Camp is in its 28thyear of offering meaningful and soulful surf camp experiences for our campers and staff. We have had to deal with bad weather, big surf, and other factors however never anything such as this. As the climate around the Corona Virus Changes day to day we will continue to monitor and make decisions based upon the health and safety of our surf camper’s. Endless Summer will carefully monitor COVID-19 and the status of Gov. Newsom’s guidance on the State of California, and work closely with California State Park officials, and other relative agency’s to assure we are following or exceeding COVID-19 health and safety mandates and taking actions that will ensure the safety of our campers, staff and community.
At this time we have a proposed new start date for surf camp of June 29th.
The current scenarios to run this surf camp this summer are.
- Camp operates for a Partial summer– When we get the approval from the proper agencies to be able to commence surf camp to run this summer we will post our dates. Campers registered in cancelled sessions will be given the opportunity to reschedule to one of these sessions.
- Modified Operations of Surf Camp– When camp does commence to operate we will do so with lower overall group sizes to respect new guidelines.
- Worst Case scenario is camp is closed for summer 2020– We are working closely with the California State Parks, following guidelines of the CDC for summer camps along with other agency’s to make a final decision. If we do cancel families will be given options to move forward.
Thanks for your patience. We will continue to keep everyone updated the decisions affecting our pending summer surf camp plans.
Endless Summer Surf Camp, as always, is committed to the safety and well-being of all our surf campers, guests and staff. The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic has created a lot of uncertainty in the world, but rest assured our team here at Surf Camp is working hard to update our campers and parents, improve our processes and make the best of this situation. Here are the latest developments:
- We are following the guidance of the CDC, California State Government, and the American Camping Association. In regards to making an official decision of our opening date of surf camp season. We Hope to have a firm answer by May 15th, 2020 as to our official start date of camp.
- Summer Surf Camp Registration is still open, as we are hopeful that we can run surf camp as normal, providing surfing and camp memories to last a lifetime. We are relaxing our camp cancellation policy to accommodate any changes we might occur this summer season.
- Surf Camp will operate a slight bit different this summer, however we are working hard to prepare for anything and everything. As surfers we are accustomed to working around challenging surf conditions, making adjustments on the fly to keep our campers safe and comfortable. We plan to do the same to accommodate our surf campers this summer adjusting to our current environment.
- We have thoroughly reviewed and updated our cleaning and disinfecting procedures to ensure the safety of all camp guests. This includes increased camp cleanings, hand washing stations to emphasize good hygiene.
- We have added a FAQ page to our web site to address some questions that parents and campers might have regarding our 2020 summer camp season. Please take a look thru it and if you have any further questions feel free to reach out to us.
- We will update this page as needed, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at 949-498-7862 or e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay safe, stay healthy and we can’t wait to surf with you all soon.